THE ART OF BUSINESS – Davos 2023
Climate Imagination: The Art of Adaptation and Regeneration in Times of Crisis
January 16th, 2023
Heimatmuseum Davos, Switzerland
Shiva Lynn Burgos is honoured to take part in The Art of Business Forum, sponsored by SAP during The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting, Davos Switzerland, Monday January 16th at the Heimatmuseum, a series of conversations with business leaders, scientists, and artists to imagine inclusive, sustainable futures.
“In an increasingly complex, fragmented world, the existing paradigms and solutions no longer suffice. Data, science, and technology are powerful tools, but looking at business as an art, as well as learning from the arts, can help us bring bolder imaginations to the challenges ahead”.
Mapping the Post Pandemic (Art) World – October 7th, 2022
IV: Women Making Waves
Synopsis: from Passion, to Process to the Power of
Art & Nature
In this excerpt Shiva Lynn Burgos showcases the efforts of The Mariwai Project alongside a group of internationally recognized women in the field of art
15:00BST/10:00EST/00:00PNG Friday, October 7th, 2022
● Shiva Lynn Burgos, artist, founder of The Mariwai Project, Papua New Guinea will speak in the panel discussion “Women Making Waves” alongside
● Sheikha Hoor Al-Quasimi, Director of Sharjah Art Foundation
● Bice Curiger, Art Historian and Critic
● Touria El Glaoui, Founding Director of 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair
● Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza, Philanthropist TBA21
● Karla Zerressen, Langen Foundation. (Moderated by Oscar Guardiola Rivera). The 4 part forum, Mapping the Post Pandemic (Art) World is curated by Johanna Afrodita Zuleta and produced by @Samsung in partnership with @theBritishCouncil.
Filmed by Skinder Hundal
The full program from the Global Foundation is in this link.
Humboldt Forum – 22, September 2021
Shiva Lynn Burgos was commissioned by the Ethnologisches Museum @staatlichemuseenzuberlin in the new Humboldt Forum @humboldtforum at the Berlin Palace. The permanent collection will feature her photographic work and the new film Tokimba Spirit House which introduces The Mariwai Project, her intimate involvement with the carvers and painters of Papua New Guinea.
Official opening took place on 22 September 2021 in the presence of Monika Gruetters, State commissioner for Culture and Media @bundeskultur, Frank-Walter Steinmeier @bundespraesident.steinmeier Federal President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie @chimamanda_adichie, Author, Herman Parnzinger, President of the Stiftung Preussicher Kulturbesitz, and Hartmut Dorgerloh, General Director Stiftung Humboldt Forum Im Berliner Schloss.
A special thank you to curators Dorothea Deterts, Anna Weinreich, Gina Knapp. (Photo)
This edition of the OAS Journal once again traverses through time and space exploring aspects of Pacific cultures, from the first contact made by Captain James Cook in Hawaii to the current interactions of New York artist, Shiva Lynn Burgos, with the Kwoma people in PNG.